Sunday, October 21, 2007

kings of rock


searching through the shelves last night i was wondering about what to post today. i only decided on this a few minutes before posting. the picture above gives you a clue, but i'm sure the trainer detectives will put me right on that.

the first album of the "streetsounds electro" series i got was number 4. the tracks on it were a breath of fresh air, (for the younger viewers i must explain that in 1984) there was a lot of big-hair pop around then. just check this selection and think what was playing on the radio at that time ie. nothing like this.

i had it on tape and would ride around on my bmx playing my little ghetto blaster (taped to the handle bars). i thought i was the shit ! pumpkin, the vhb, key-matic and cybotron (4), pop music back then (0). my team were always gonna win. there was a small gang of us into this sort of music and we got the tapes when ever they came out. it was only later on in my 20's-30's that i started getting them on vinyl. i still won't pay stupid money for them as there were tens of thousands sold in the u.k. i'm collecting upto and including number 13 (along with crucial 1 & 2, u.k., l.a. v n.y. beats), and i'm almost there.

3 comments:

london cokehead said...

I presume that you know the Streetsounds Electro series went up to 22 with 3 Crucials and a UK Hip Hop album, not forgetting the box set.

I had the lot, but lost them in my mates house fire... Boo!!!

If it wasn't for these album I'd still be a bloody draughtsman?

Went straight out and bought an 808 and a 101 on HP.

The rest as they say... is history.

ivan smackhead said...

i just think after 13 they went downhill. the box set is the holy grail (only 5000 made). i'd love one but not at £120+. i just know one day i'll come across one for fuck all. i've come across records i've been after for years in the strangest places, so it will happen *crosses fingers*.

london cokehead said...

5000 made, 4999 after my one fried?